Friday 12 February 2010

Then and Now

Creativity fascinates me, be it tiaras, jewellery, wall papering and decorating, photography or website creation. I list these specifically as I have dabbled in them all. I have been running my little hobby business now for almost 5 years and tinkering with designs for almost 6 years. I was looking at some old photographes of some of my original designs and I was gobsmacked at how far I have come and how much I have taught myself. Some of the original designs are interesting and possibly sometime in the future I may revive them and bring them more up to date. I used simple fashion beads in their creation and ready made components. Now I use swarovski crystals and pearls and make up all my own components...I even rewire diamantes if I am requested to use them in any of my designs. The images that follow are some of the first tiaras I made.
THEN

It is a far cry from what I am designing these days. I think the one that would make up the best in swarovski crystals is the fourth design and some day I may just do that!
NOW



2 comments:

CHRIS LINACRE said...

They all look good to me lol
I remember the first necklace I made took me all day and it fell apart! Your new designs are more fluid and free form which I like :-)

Diana said...

I would be embarrassed to have a bride wear any of the first lot of designs especially as they were made with plastic fashion beads. I am pleased to say that I haven't actually sold any of those designs! But thank you for your kind comments :)